If you haven’t already removed the covers from your patio furniture, found the citronella candles buried deep in a cabinet and refreshed your pots and planters with new plants in bright colors—it’s time!! This is the season of outdoor living and with many holidays and occasions nearing on the calendar, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about hosting that graduation brunch, a classic BBQ to honor dad, or a simple dinner party under the stars.
Pulling together a comfortable outdoor space allows you to extend the your living and entertaining space and doesn’t require much. Here are some tips on making an outdoor “room” you’ll enjoy all season.
- An indoor-outdoor rug is a great way to anchor your patio furniture and also add color or texture. These rugs don’t only look great, they perform well, too. Most stains and spills are easily washed away with a quick scrub and rinse. Great if you have kids and pets!
- Set your table with outdoor-friendly tableware in melamine. These plates have the look of rustic, hand-glazed Italian ceramics but are completely unbreakable. Layer colors or mix and match patterns for a casual look that can be tossed in the dishwasher at the end of the party. Pretty and easy!
- Don’t be afraid to use indoor pieces outdoors. Do you have a set of end tables sitting in the garage, an old trunk or throw pillows that no longer match your decor inside? Grab them out of storage and incorporate them into your design. While they won’t last the entire season outdoors, you can easily bring them out for an event or party. The eclectic look will be comfortable and chic.
- Firepits are an excellent addition to any outdoor space, whether for roasting marshmallows with the kids, or enjoying a glass of wine with the neighbors. Toss a small bundle of dried sage or lavender in with your logs for a fragrant smoke that will also repel bugs.
- Last, but not least, bring in some fun accessories to tie the look together. Faux florals in clever containers are a great, drought-friendly way to add the finishing touches to your outdoor living space. Lanterns are functional and stylish options to place in a tray or on a side table. Pop in either a insect-repelling citronella candle or a battery-operated version for some ambiance when the sun sets.
With these tips and the broad selection of styles and options for patio dining and furniture at Pottery World, you are set to create a comfortable gathering place outside to enjoy all summer with your family and friends.